Human Resources

Human Resources FAQs

What are Human Resources’ Business Hours?

The office is open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Where is the Human Resources office located?

The Human Resources Office is Located on the 3rd Floor of the Bunting Center, Room B310. Please visit Maps & Directions for detailed directions to the campus.

Where are the jobs posted?

Please see our open position listings under Careers at MICA.

Does MICA conduct background checks prior to hiring?

All staff positions are contingent on satisfactory results from a background check that includes federal, state and local criminal background check, sex offender registry search, social security trace, and employment verifications from your last three employers. Certain positions also require a driving record check and education verification.

What forms do I need to complete to start working at MICA?

All employees must complete the following Employment/Payroll paperwork on or prior to their first day of employment: an I-9 form, federal and state tax forms and a direct deposit form. By law, you must complete the Employment Eligibility Form (I-9 form) and show acceptable documents that prove your identity and eligibility to work in the United States. All forms must be completed on or prior to your first day of employment to ensure timely processing of your paycheck. Direct deposit is not mandatory, but encouraged.

How can I change my address?

To change your address, please log onto the MICA portal > Personal Information > Review Personal Information.

If you participate in the MICA benefits program, your address will automatically be updated with the Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance vendors. If you participate in the Retirement Annuity plan, please contact the vendors with whom you participate to update your address with them directly.

How do I change my federal and/or state tax exemptions?

To change you Federal taxes you will need to complete a W-4 Form or Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. To change your state taxes, you will need to complete a MW-507 Form or Employee’s Maryland Withholding Exemption Certificate. Once completed please return the form(s) to Human Resources. Forms can be found at the Internal Revenue Service website under Forms & Pubs and the United States Treasury Department website under Forms & Publications. Forms can be found on Forms for Download, on the Internal Revenue Service, United States Treasury Department's Forms & Publications, and Comptroller of Maryland, Spotlight on Maryland Taxes.

How long does it take before my check is directly deposited?

Your Direct Deposit will take up to three payrolls before it is directly deposited. A check will be sent to the address you specified as your paycheck address, while we confirm the account information you provided on the form is correct. If we find the information on the form to be incorrect your direct deposit will be delayed.

How many accounts can I have my pay deposited into?

There is no limit to the number of accounts you wish to deposit your paycheck.

Where can I find a list of pay dates?

The schedule of pay dates is posted outside of the Human Resources Office and on the Forms for Download page listed as Fiscal Year Payroll Calendar. It can also be found in the Employee Handbook here, under section 6.4.